(email, calendar, Drive, and Box) - staff will respond to any critical problems throughout the holiday curtailment period. End user support will be available through the on all non-holiday dates to assist campus units via phone, email, or online.
- staff will respond to any critical problems with CalNet systems throughout the holiday curtailment period. Users can manage their CalNet ID/Password with .
Data Center (at Earl Warren Hall)
- Dec. 23: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Dec. 24 and 25: On call only. Please call 510-693-5434 for emergency access or assistance.
- Dec. 26 and 27: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Dec. 28 through Jan. 1: On call only. Please call 510-693-5434 for emergency access or assistance.
Data Network and Voice Services (Telecommunications) - Voice Telecom, including Operator Services will be closed for curtailment from Dec. 23 through Jan. 1. Support for voice problem resolution will be reduced during this time. Telecom Voice and Data orders placed starting Dec. 18, 2019 will not be processed until Jan. 2, 2020 when TSS consultants are back in the office.
Problems with campus voice services should be reported to ITCS at 510-664-9000, press 1 for IT, when prompted press 1 for individual support needs; press 2 to report a high impact voice services problem affecting a large number of people. A voice technician will be contacted immediately for major outages and critical issues. Lower impact support needs affecting individuals will be addressed after curtailment.
The campus data network will be supported at the weekend/after hours level only between Dec. 23 and Jan 3. Critical problems with network services should be reported to ITCS at 510-664-9000, press 1 for IT, press key 3 to report a building or department-wide network outage. Individual support needs will be addressed after curtailment.
- Requests will not be processed Dec. 23 - Jan. 3. For assistance with urgent DNS issues, contact ITCS at 510-664-9000, press 1 for IT, and press key 3 to report a major DNS issue or incident. Individual support needs will be addressed after curtailment.
Production Control (PCSSC) - PCSSC will provide 24x7 staff support during curtailment and holidays. Contact PCSSC anytime using our Call Center at 510-664-4770 or by sending email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consulting and User Services
IT Client Services (ITCS) - ITCS will be closed on the campus holidays. On non-holiday dates, the ITCS Service Desk will operate with reduced staff between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. to assist campus units via phone, email or online. For holiday or after hours support, please contact 510-664-9000, option 1 (for IT), then press 7 to leave a voicemail, or send an email to: email@example.com. Those issues will be addressed on the next business day.
Database - On Call Support will be provided during the curtailment similar to normal evening and weekend support; please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com (depending on the database type) to contact the appropriate DBA on call.
Endpoint Operations and Services (EOS) - EOS will be closed beginning Monday, Dec. 23 and will reopen Thursday, Jan. 2. EOS services, such as BigFix and Jamf Pro Self-Service, will be available for Windows and MacOS. However, support for these services will resume again after the new year. Critical system outages should be escalated through the ITCS Service Desk 510-664-9000, option 1 for IT.
- All services will be available during the holiday curtailment period. Staff will respond to any critical operational issues with Integration hub and DevKit systems similar to normal evening and weekend support; please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call ITCS to contact the appropriate support staff member. Non-critical support requests will be responded to starting Jan. 2.
Intercollegiate Athletics IT - Will be supported by on-call IT staff from Dec. 24 through Jan. 1.
- Managed sites will have limited email support (via email@example.com) during the non-holiday curtailment days (Dec. 23, 26-27, 30). No support will be available on campus holiday dates.
- On call support for customers with extended support on their servers will provided during the curtailment similar to normal evening and weekend support; please call the ITCS Service Desk 510-664-9000, option 7 to contact the appropriate SA on call.
- Closed beginning Friday, Dec. 20 and will reopen Friday, Jan. 3. The Software@Berkeley website and software downloads will be accessible, however no support will be available during the closure. Processing of software orders and requests will resume Friday, Jan 3.
- Closed Dec. 21 through Jan. 5. Students may email urgent questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, although response times will be slower. The Student Helpdesk phone line (510-642-4357) will be open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. beginning Monday, Jan. 6, 2020.
- No processing of plan/billing changes will occur during curtailment Dec. 23 through Jan. 1.